Monday, March 06, 2006

One step back, two steps forwards...

Okay. So maybe I have the idiom slightly backwards. :)
I sent the paperwork in for the fiancee visa last week. It looks like there were one or two minor flaws from what Ray mentioned. He sent updated copies to me. I'll sign those and send them back as soon as I see them.

Rizza took the biggest step forward though. She sent her paperwork, passport photos, and copies of birth certificates for her and the kids in today. Sending the paperwork in was the easy part for her. The hard part was tracking down copies of birth certificates. This especially held true for finding one for her oldest daughter, Marlene. The NSO (National Statistics Office) didn't have one on file for her. It took Rizza a few trips to Manila to obtain a birth certificate from the doctor that delivered Marlene.

Moving right along, I hope Ray will be able to have the paperwork submitted to the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) in Nevada by the end of the week. Rizza and I are both really excited about this.

0 comments: